Eppur si muove

Things I Think About, by Peter Bowditch

Almost unimaginable filth

Judy Wilyman is a PhD candidate at the University of Wollongong. The research for her thesis consists of finding evidence for the harmfulness of vaccines. She is not interested in vaccine safety, because she doesn’t believe any vaccine is safe. She is not interested in vaccine efficacy, because she doesn’t believe any vaccine has any use. She decided these things before she started researching, so it is a mystery that she has been undertaking her doctorate for several years. We must depart from evil so extreme (Dali, Inferno#27, Divine Comedy)She could have simply written her thesis off the top of her head and submitted it to either of the supervisors she has had, because both of them agree with her prejudices completely.

Ms Wilyman is beloved of the Australian Vaccination Network because she can be used as an authority whenever vaccines have to be denigrated. She can also usually be relied on by sensible people to scrape so hard at the bottom of the barrel that a cooper has to be called in afterwards to do repairs. Today, she went even further and accused the parents of a child who died of pertussis of being paid to support vaccination. Salvador Dali’s illustration from Dante’s Divine Comedy at the right has a title that expresses the disgust that thinking people must feel at Wilyman’s actions: “We must depart from evil so extreme”.

Here is what Judy Wilyman, PhD student at the University of Wollongong, posted to an Internet forum:

Vileness

So here are some facts, Ms Wilyman (get someone to look up “fact” in a dictionary if you are not sure of the meaning).

In 2009 the McCaffreys (note – no apostrophe) were the inaugural winners of the Australian Skeptics’ Thornett Award For The Promotion Of Reason. This gave me enormous pleasure, firstly because I was the person who suggested naming the award after our late friend Fred Thornett and secondly because I could not think of any worthier winners. Their bravery in the face of tragedy and their preparedness to speak out so that other families would not have to go through what they did stand in stark contrast to the actions of people who are prepared to see children maimed and die as the inevitable result of an insane agenda opposing the greatest life-saver in the history of medicine. That would be people like you, Judy Wilyman.

Ms Wilyman, you have been asked by the McCaffreys to leave them alone and to stop mentioning their daughter. I realise that their requests mean nothing to you because it is more important to you to deprive children of good health. Perhaps the best thing you could do would to be to get that dictionary out again and look up the meaning of the abbreviation “STFU”.

You can follow me on Twitter here.

Comments are currently closed.

23 thoughts on “Almost unimaginable filth

• Kitty_Li says:

Dorey & Wileyman both should be stopped. More power to you, Mr Bowditch.

• alison says:

What I find hard to understand (& stomach) is that this subject would be considered fit for a PhD thesis at all. Please please please – tell me it’s not being done within Biology or Medicine!

• Scotty Harrison says:

More importantly Allison, who is supervising this filth?? Shame on them. I’m all for academic integrity and asking questions of things but when the facts are so clear no academic should be touching this kind of publication with a 40′ barge pole.

• EarleyDaysYet says:

People in glass houses…

While I wholeheartedly concur with your article’s points, it must be noted: little is as irritating and ironic than making a punctuation error right before you poke at someone else for doing the same.

So here are some facts, Ms Wilyman (get someone to look up “fact in a dictionary if you are not sure of the meaning).

In 2009 the McCaffreys (note – no apostrophe)
    /QUOTE

You’ve missed a “.

• Rene Gagnon says:

And, how are you qualified to render any opinion concerning vaccination? Are an Etiologist? Epidemiologist? Immunologist? You are no doubt, as evidenced by this site and your other sites a hateful, uninformed, ignorant waste of space. The wonderful upside in all of this is you are culling your own and we will all be better off with less of you.

I note when I squeeze my nose and query your name, you are an alcoholic diabetic and convicted felon….makes so much sense….angry disabled fuckwad…

• I suspect that one of the reasons people oppose vaccinations is that they are incapable of understanding what they read. The article above isn’t about vaccines per se, it’s about someone accusing the parents of a child who died from whooping cough of being paid to warn other parents about the dangers of the disease.

The lies about me being an alcoholic felon are getting a bit old now. You would think that the fact that I publicise the lies whenever some ancephalic person repeats them would be a clue as to how damaging I think they are. For the record, I am not an alcoholic and I have never been convicted by a court of anything (especially a felony, something which does not exist in Australia).

And diabetes is a disability now, is it? I suppose that I shouldn’t be surprised at a claim like this from someone who obviously doesn’t consider children dying or damaged from easily preventable diseases to be a problem.

• Marty says:

As you are no doubt aware, Google is indeed a very resourceful search engine – so resourceful, in fact, that when you use it to investigate people, it will often provide you with results that are both accurate, and inaccurate. I gather you’re an expert at discovering the latter, considering you predisposition to accuse Mr Bowditch of being uninformed and ignorant; you’ve also likely taken the word of another quack somewhere on-line that Mr Bowditch has exposed who has retaliated in anger, and now you’re just acting as a misinformed relay to pass on those unfounded persecutions. Perhaps you might consider some anger management therapy, or a relaxing picnic. I like picnics – I’m too lazy to take sandwich-making goods, though, so I just pick up some Maccas or HJs. I’m also too lazy to find a park, so I just take it home and sit in the yard. Picnics like that are wonderful, and now that I have a $20 gazebo from Kmart, I don’t get quite as wet on rainy days.

• Wanglese says:

I was pleased to note that the UNI of Wollongong distanced itself from Wilymans statements, but I still am concerned that the UOW think her thesis is a fit subject for a PhD.

• Jennifer McLean says:

Hello Mister Bowditch:

As a Ph.D in Clinical Immunology I was intrigued by your comments concerning Ms Wilyman. Can you provide me with any proof that vaccines are in fact safe?
    You do know what proof is, don’t you? Let me help you.

Don’t repeat your usual uninformed drivel. Tell me about the biomechanics of the relationship between the host organism and human endogenous pathogens (i.e. virus, retrovirus, bacteria, nano-bacteria). Then tell me about the effects of vaccine upon innate immunology.

What’s that? Oh you don’t know? Then shut the fuck up you ignorant asshole!

• Which university granted you a PhD in anything to do with immunology and left you totally ignorant of immunology? I need to know to make sure that none of my family waste their time going there and that I can instantly reject any job applicants who have the institution on their CVs.

A question – you have an Australian email address, so what is an “asshole”? Is it a pit for burying dead donkeys?

• Francis L says:

You do give yourself away….
        Why don’t you answer the question?
        You can’t?
        The questions are totally valid, and are reflective of someone who knows what they’re talking about unlike your response.

• How sad it must be to have to hide behind an anonymiser and then say things like “You do give yourself away”.

The questions this anonymous coward refers to don’t warrant an answer, so none was necessary. When someone exhibits such colossal ignorance of something they claim to have a higher degree in they can be disregarded with confidence.

By the way “Francis L”, why did you call yourself “amcmillan” in your other post from the IP address 193.200.150.152?

• Marty says:

The knee-jerk reaction of an antivaxxer without a leg to stand on. Predictable at best, typically pathetic at worst.

• Ilijas Milišić says:

Ms McLean, I’m just trying to ascertain who I am speaking to here.

Are you by any chance the person who runs this site?

• Partly Cloudy says:

Hats off to Mister Bowditch….what a great answer to Dr McLean’s challenge! For a moment I thought you were actually going to answer the question. You never disappoint…oh and the asshole bit…hilarious…where do you come up with this stuff? Burying dead donkeys? Brilliant! But really it’s a large hole in the ground for burying dead alcoholic diabetic australians….

• It posts through an anonymiser, proving that it doesn’t have the courage to even pretend to be a real person. How sad is that? Well, it would be sad if it wasn’t so hilarious.

• amcmillan says:

What kind of reprehensible fuckwad would espouse such pure unmitigated crap as Bowditch. The only saving grace is that he will hopefully vaccinate himself into oblivion.

Fuck off and stop polluting the internet…….

• Wow! Another gutless coward posting through an anonymiser.

The question is – why does it call itself “amcmillan” in this post and “Francis L” in another? (I know the answer – because it is afraid, so afraid that it has to hide itself in case an adult comes along.)

• Please STOP taking vaccines because they are causing your illnesses and diseases